CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mothman



Since the 1960's, a creature known as the Mothman, has been one of the biggest legendary creatures of all time. Some of us have seen the movie, the Mothman Prophecies. It's based off a non-fiction book about a newspaper writer's unexplained experience with the Mothman in Point Pleasant, West Virginia.

What exactly is the Mothman?

According to observers, the Mothman is a human-sized moth-like creature with large moth-like wings, beaming red eyes and is to reach at a height of 7 ft.

What are the stories?

1) November 15, 1966: Two couples were traveling late one night, when they passed an old WWII TNT factory and saw two red eyes in the distance. They seemed to notice that the eyes were attached to a body. The couples then sped off in their car, but the creature followed them. The car reached around 100mph, but the creature was still on their tale. As soon as they reached Pt. Pleasant city limits, the creature flew away.

2) November 16, 1966: The next night, an older couple were walking to their car when they saw a creature come from behind it. They ran into their house, dialing 911, when they saw the creature walk onto their porch and peer into their window with its red eyes.

3) November 24, 1966: About 4 people saw a creature flying over the TNT plant.

4) November 25, 1966: A man claimed to have seen a creature standing in a field while he was driving. The creature spread his wings and flew alongside him in his car.

5) November 26, 1966: An elderly woman claimed to have seen the creature standing on her lawn.

6) November 27, 1966: A younger woman was pursued by the creature and was seen later again that night by two children.

7) December 15, 1967: The most famous sighting of the Mothman was reported on top of the Silver Bridge before its collapse on that cold and frightening night. Forty-six people died from the collapse.

What are the myths or rumors about the Mothman?

There are rumors that the Mothman appears before upcoming disasters. Another rumor is that the Mothman causes disasters.

Where is the Mothman now?

People have claimed to see this creature in other parts of the world. Though, after the Silver Bridge collapse, it has not been sighted in Point Pleasant, West Virginia ever again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Heaps of people don't believe in the mothman because they have been too lazy to research about him and because of that, they just convince themselves that he is fake.

I saw the movie 'The Mothman Prophecies' and it interested my brother and I so I did some of my own research and I found out there was a book written by John A. Keel. I read a little bit about this book and I saw that it was based on the events Keel witnessed while he stayed in Point Pleasant, West Virginia for a year.

My brother and I decided to get the book out and we did. My brother has read the book already and I am halfway through. I have to admit, I had my doubts about the existence of the mothman but reading a bit of the book, seeing the movie and researching the mothman myself, has confirmed my suspicions. My brother was also intrigued by the book.

I have tried to get others to read the book and watch the movie to see for themselves that the mothman is real but they have been too ignorant to do so which means they don't want to face the fact that there is a creature out there that is either a messenger of bad things or brings the bad things.

I have tried to explain to the people who dont believe in him that people from around the world have witnessed the mothman (some have even spoken to him and learned that his name is 'Indrid Cold') and they have given descriptions of him that are frighteningly similar. They have all described him to be at least 7 feet high and that he has the build of a grown man but there is no sign of any apparent head. All of this could simply be a coincidence or the witnesses may be working together to create a myth around the world but that seems highly unlikely. There have been countless reports of sightings around the world and I simply think it's ludicrous that it is all by coincidence that people have made up a story describing a creature that looks the same to every other person who has seen him. I also think it is extremely ridiculous if there are thousands of people around the world working together who would waste their time to put out a story just to create a little bit of publicity.

So, to conclude my extremely long comment, I think the mothman is real and to all of the people who don't believe in him, do a little research and you will find that the mothman is very interesting and you may even become like me and believe in him.

Thanks,
A Mothman believer. =D

Anonymous said...

Anonymous says
i just watched the movie and could you tell me what websites or book s you read because i believe in moth man just as much as you!

Anonymous said...

Last night my Dad told me about the Mothman right before I went to bed. I think its really creepy and I said to him that he was lying because he's the kind of person who is always joking around. But since I've read about the different sightings of the mothman and how they all seem to match up, I'm not so sure it's just a myth after all.

I've never really believed in things like this, but for the people that say the mothman isn't real, what proof do you have that he isn't real? There is no real proof that another creature that we havn't seen before doesn't exist, because if you havn't seen it how can you know?

I'm not saying he's defintely real, but I'm just trying to say keep an open mind. :) it's been really interesting listen to your views :) thanks x

FreeFalcon said...

Mothman... True Or Not? Do I want to know? I guess not :D good comments funny to read and good site eric keeps it going
A mothman Prophecies Fan.

Anonymous said...

Hey! eeps! Mothman? real? not? nobody knows.