CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Remembering the 90s


As a '89 baby, I don't really remember the first few years of the 90s, but I do remember the years in which I grew up in. Call me nostalgic, but I wish I could relive my childhood once again, maybe just for a day or so. I thought I'd create a list of all the things that I remember growing up in the 90s. If I remember more, I'll add them, but here's my list:

-Playing Tag around the playground at school
-Playing Red Rover until the school bell rang
-Watching Stick Stickly on Summer Nicktoons
-Watching Ren & Stimpy
-Rugrats
-Playdoe
-Silly Puddy
-Hot Wheels
-Playing Super Nintendo until your thumbs got blisters
-Super Mario World
-Donkey Kong
-Pokemon
-Goosebumps
-Yu Gi Oh
-President Clinton
-N* Sync (Bye Bye Bye)
-Hanson (MmmBop)
-Britney Spears (Hit Me Baby One more Time)
-Christina Aguilera (Genie in a Bottle)
-Blink-182 (All the Small Things)
-Green Day (Brain Stew)
-Backstreet Boys
-Lion King
-Spongebob Squarepants
-Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards hosted by Rosie O'Donell
-The Batman series (excluding the 89 version)
-Punk Rock
-Pop Music
-Rap
-Family Matters
-Fresh Prince of Bel Air
-Home Improvement
-Barney & Friends
-Sesame Street
-Blues Clues
-Recess ( the cartoon show)
-Aaron Carter
-Shaq
-Michael Jordan
-Pagers
-Car Phones (aka Cell Phones)
-Windows 98
-The introduction to CDs and DVDs
-Cassette Tapes
-VHS
-The Oregon Trail (game)
-Cooties
-Walkmans
-Playstation
-Nintendo 64
-Gameboy Color
-Mortal Kombat
-Street Fighter
-Comic Books
-Garfield Comics
-Zelda
-Seinfeld
-Simpsons
-Nirvana
-Long Hair
-Mismatched Clothes
-Spiky Hair
-Bleached Hair
-The Internet
-Body Piercings
-Heavy Makeup
-Free Willy
-Bunk Beds
-Going to Chuck E. Cheese's
-Discovery Zone
-Dreaming of going to Disneyland
-The belief in Santa, Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy
-Laying your tooth under the pillow for the Tooth Fairy
-Waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve
-Hunting for Easter Eggs
-Playing Truth or Dare
-Playing Monopoly was actually fun
-Hearing a bad word was the worst thing ever
-Watching Star Wars over and over again
-Jurassic Park
-Dinosaur toys
-Train Sets
-Roller Blading
-Skate Boarding
-Box Cars
-Little Rascals
-First Crush
-Kids Meals at McDonald's
-The Beach Boys
-Full House
-May Kate and Ashley Olson
-Scooby-Doo
-Americas Funniest Home Videos hosted by Bob Saget
-SNick (Saturday Nickelodeon)
-TGIF (Friday night line-up on ABC)
-FOX Family (Now ABC Family)
-Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
-When Nick at Night used to show classic TV shows like the Munsters and I Love Lucy
-The Brady Bunch
-Kirk Cameron
-Kevin and Winnie (The Wonder Years)
-TRL
-The Real World
-MTV
-Spice Girls
-Vanilla Ice
-Weird Al Yankovic
-Madonna
-Back to the Future III
-Bop It
-Gumby
-Animaniacs
-Boombox
-Home Alone I & II
-Terminator 2: Judgment Day
-Dumb & Dumber
-Mambo #5
-Jim Carrey movies
-Tony Hawk
-Where's Waldo?
-Kenan & Kel
-The Introduction to the NOW: That's What I Call Music series

0 comments: