CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Paranormal State





Notice: I do not believe in the existence of ghosts or alien creatures for any reason whatsoever. However, I do believe in the existence of Satan and his demonic followers that dwell, not only in Hell, but here on Earth as well.

2 Corinthians 11:14 (KJV)
"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

On A&E, there's a television show, called "Paranormal State". It follows a group of college kids who seek out answers to the supernatural world. They are called to many different cases, but they only go to the most severe cases. This is not like any other ghost hunting show. About 99% of what they seek are of demonic forces. In one episode, an elderly woman is obsessed with contacting the dead. Everyday, she would set up an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) tape and record voices. EVP is basically an open door for demons to come through. Demons are very common within the shows boundaries.

Again, I do not believe in ghosts, but I have had some pretty scary encounters in my younger days. I will tell you my two stories, whether you believe in them or not, that's all up to you. This is just from my experience, what I've seen and heard. I'm not even sure if I believe in what I heard or saw, but anyway, here are my two stories...

When I was about 11 or 12 years of age, I suppose I had my first scary moment. This was a moment that I'd never, ever forget. I remember it was a school night, so I had to go to be early. My bed was against my wall, under the upper window in my room. With that, I could see into the hallway and the light shining from downstairs. My mom and my brother were downstairs. My mother was watching TV and my brother was doing his homework. I know that my dad was asleep because he had to get up early for work the next day. So, I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep. I heard these kids skateboarding outside by the grinding of the wheels on the pavement. I got up and stood on a shelf that was behind my bed. It was easy access to look out the window. When I peered out the window, there was no one there. I swear, I heard at least three kids out there. Not only was no one there, but the sound of the skateboards suddenly stopped. As I'm looking out the window, I hear a faint whisper in my ear. It whispered, "Get down". Immediately I sank into my bed. No one was in my room nor in the hallway. I knew it wasn't my parents because no one just tells you to get down in a whispered voice. Parents always say, "Hey, get down. Go asleep". But, as soon as I dropped into my bed I looked into the hallway and I saw a shadowy figure swoop by my bedroom and into my brothers bedroom. It looked about six feet tall, but without a head. At least it looked like it didn't have a head. And that was that.

My next story freaked me out even more. Again, this happened when I was in bed. I was just laying there and all of a sudden I hear this pounding on the roof. I knew it was not a cat because I've had many cats on the roof and I know the sound their paws make when walking. It sounded as if someone was dropping heavy boxes onto the roof. It kept on going and going. Immediately, I ran into my parents bedroom to tell them what had just happened. Of course, like any parents, they don't believe the child. They thought I just had a bad dream or I was just imagining it all. No, I was not. Believe it or not, I wanted the pounding to continue so that they'd believe me. Finally, it started up again. My parents heard the pounding and my dad got out of bed and ran outside to check the outside of the house. No one or anything was on the roof.

After those two experiences, nothing ever happened again. But I've always been somewhat fascinated by the supernatural. Whether it's the Mothman, Chupacabra, Shapeshifters or anything abnormal, I find it very interesting. You don't have to believe in anything in order to like something.

0 comments: